Sunday, September 16, 2012

Old Chengdu Sichuan Cuisine Restaurant 老成都川菜馆

There were a couple of Sichuan restaurants near the office that I had wanted to try, and thanks to some very adventurous colleagues, I managed to score a lunch at one of them. The 2 restaurants are right outside the Chinatown MRT entrance at Pagoda St, and we chose the less upmarking-looking one of the two, on the right hand side facing the MRT Entrance.

We started the meal with an order of 凉粉, which came in full spicy glory. I thought this was pretty good, although a bit too spicy for my colleagues.
One of my favourite dishes - 土豆丝 which was supposed to be mildly spicy, but rated as extremely spicy by another colleague. There was also 花椒, in addition to the dried chillies, which was a pleasant surprise. Another winner, although I felt the potato shreds were sligtly overcooked.


We also had a salted egg tofu, which appeared rather soup-like. This was great on top of steamed rice.


Their 辣子鸡 was another winning dish - the little pieces of chicken deep fried to perfection.


We had yet another vegetable dish which I can't recall the name of, with lotus root, potato slices and mushrooms stir fried in a chilli paste.

The meal came up to around $20-25 per head. An excellent lunch to spice up the workday.



80/82 Pagoda St, 62226858

No comments:

Post a Comment